This past year has flown by. It's so hard to believe that our little baby is now a toddler! He has grown so much and is definitely all boy. He has the scrapes and bruises to prove it. We wanted to keep his first birthday party somewhat low-key, so we only invited family and a couple of friends. He had a lot of fun at his birthday party, although it was pretty windy. It was during the Luke Days airshow, so we got to see the Thunderbirds fly over the house a few times.





I decided to get a little more technical with his birthday cake and made jungle animals and palm trees out of gumpaste. It was definitely a lot of work, but it was a labor of love and everyone loved it. Garrett even dug into his little cake, which was really a surprise. We had his birthday pictures taken a few weeks prior and he didn't want to have anything to do with the cake that I bought for the pictures. I was really worried that we wouldn't get any cute cake pictures, but thankfully he was a very willing participant.
Given that we were really busy hosting the party and trying to make sure our house didn't blow away, we didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. However, here are a few of the pictures that we did get from his party. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment