We started talking about putting in a garden over a year ago and finally got around to doing it. It started out with me planting a container garden of tomatoes and peppers in early April. A few weeks later we finally got around to building our garden. Here are some pictures of our progress. We planted tomatoes, various types of peppers, squash, zucchini, straberries, carrots, okra, and an herb container garden. I'm extremely excited to have okra again. I remember my grandpa always growing okra and it has been forever since I have had it. It took a few days before we were completely done. It was hard to figure out where to get compost in bulk and we had to work around Dave's schedule for him to pick it up.

Phase 1: Digging up the dead sod

Putting the boys to work. Tyler, with his whistle, has obviously taken on the position of foreman.

The finished boxes.

We had to get three yards of compost to fill them.

The end result!
1 comment:
The boys are so cute working in the garden. It looks great!!
Post a Comment